Click for info & packages!
Mariposa Naturescapes provides native and edible plant landscaping
consultation, coaching, design, installation, and maintenance using organic products
We create beautiful and easy-care landscapes while helping to minimize water use, improve
wildlife habitat, save customers time and money, and increase understanding & stewardship of
our local, natural ecosystem.
In addition, we offer mostly Western WA native plants for sale, by appointment, at our small retail nursery in West Seattle, and apply compost tea from mid-March though mid-August in the Seattle area.
For more information, please see our brochure.
Great Reasons to Use Native Plants
Naturescaping in Action
- Save money and time on watering &
chemical herbicide/ pesticide applications
- Spend less time on maintenance because plants are adapted to
our climate (drought tolerant in summer once established)
- Add value to your property with a sustainable landscape design
- Enjoy the beauty and diversity of our indigenous plants - have a
true Pacific NW aesthetic
- Preserve habitat for native birds, butterflies, bees and other
- Learn to identify, appreciate, and steward our local flora &
Great Reasons to Garden with Edible Plants
- Save money on your produce
- Eat more fresh and local food
- Know what goes into growing your food - organic seeds and soil amendments
that are safe for you
- Learn how growing food works - from seed to seed - it's fascinating
and endless fun
- Enjoy beautiful different textures and colors in your garden all year long
(winter gardening, too!)
Mariposa Naturescapes is a member of the Washington
Native Plant Society.
We are also a 5-star EnviroStars business.
A member of the Coalition of Organic Landscape Professionals.
And a member of Seattle Good Business Network.
We care about buying local, operating sustainably, and being more connected with our community!
See our Seattle Good Business Network ad in The Stranger!
To find out more, please visit our resources page.